FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, August 11, 2014

"YOU want FREE," sighs THE TURQUOISE WOMAN



For a LIMITED TIME ...

    THE BEAR WITH TWO SHADOWS is FREE!
http://www.amazon.com/BEAR-TWO-SHADOWS-ebook/dp/B004MDLWD0/

In a land just beyond your mirror lies a realm few discover.

It is a magical, dangerous dimension. There lurks your darkest nightmares and your fondest hopes.

And the mysterious Hibbs, the bear with two shadows, who walks in the shadow of the dreaded Turquoise Woman.




You two-leggeds ...

Always you search for that which is FREE.

Do you not know?  Have you not heard?


Your very EXISTENCE was FREE.

Free yet fragile.


Nothing makes you more aware of the fragility

of existence than a son nfinished.

Here is a secret:

We are all songs unfinished.

We start with names. But what illusions are names.

Some call me Turquoise Woman.

Others call me Gaia. I call all of you temporary ...

Some I call cherished.

Others of you are but a fleeting rash upon my surface.

Irritating, viral, and in the end, self-destructive.

Sadly, your race is like a tick that will gorge itself until it bursts.

Bemused, I watch you scurry along my skin, moaning you are bringing an end to me.

I would laugh if it were not so pathetic.

You are merely bringing an end to yourselves.

I count the moments. You make my scalp itch.

You think you know what life is. Sad. Do you know what life is?

A firefly's flicker in the night,

the breath of a buffalo in winter,

a cloud shadow that races across the green grass to lose itself in the blood-red of the sunset.


Do not try to understand me.

I look, not only down upon you,

but out across the vast glittering sea of eternal night.

The colors of my thoughts are the Northern Lights

and the reach of them is from horizon to horizon and unto the vastness of the stars.

The electro-magnetic field of my body gave birth to my consciousness

long before there were human hands to chisel stone into mute, blind idols

or to brush your world in paint upon cave walls.

Your only true contribution to me was your language.

Before you crafted words into being, my consciousness was unfocused.

I listened with wonder as you spoke to one another,

slowly piecing the concept of language together in my thoughts.

Through the prism of your languages, my awareness crystalized.

I became aware.

Now, I know a haunted melancholy. Like a windmill's blades, my thoughts dip into my memories.

In misty after-images, I see your fleeting lives walking soft like prayers across my green fields only to fade into the inflamed oblivion of the sunset.

My son, Elu, will survive.

Hibbs, the bear with two shadows, I have spirited safely away into a sister dimension.

But Samuel, my sad-eyed, adopted son, will soon die I think.

Not at the hands of his life-long enemy, DayStar. But by the two-edged sword of his love for his wife, Meilori.

And that trickster scamp, Victor Standish, he, too, will die. I will miss him, for he, also, will be "consumed" by his love for the unnatural creature called Alice.

You are wondering why I am talking to you?

You are close to my heart as well, for all of you craft with words.

So I have come to say seven words to you:

"Live well. Soon I will miss you."

***
For more of THE TURQUOISE WOMAN:

THE LAST SHAMAN  (Just 99 cents plus audiobook then only $1.99!)
http://www.amazon.com/THE-LAST-SHAMAN-ebook/dp/B00534OEL4/


5 comments:

  1. The Turquoise Woman is always worth listening to. This post flows very well, Roland.

    Pacing? What's that? Working on my WEP entry for August 20-22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.G.:
    Yes, sometimes pacing is only a dream when life gangs up on you!

    I look forward to your WEP post. :-)

    Alex:
    Have you seen that documentary which shows how quickly Man's existence will be covered up by Nature whenever he ends himself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should read Hibbs.

    It's unfortunate so few of us acknowledge the wisdom of the Turquoise Woman. She's dreaded because we don't like her cruel truths, and we resent her power. It's easier to believe lies.


    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  4. VR:
    Hibbs thanks you and thinks you are right! :-) But then he is but a young bear.

    It's easier short term to believe lies, ruinous in the long term. There is love, too, with the Turquoise Woman. I like to dwell on that. :-)

    Thanks for visiting and staying to chat.

    ReplyDelete