FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A QUESTION

I have noticed something this past month:

11 separate titles of mine have been bought and refunded the SAME day!  

Only one refund per title.

I mean, after the first SIX I would think the reader would catch on that she or he didn't like the way I wrote!

Can someone copy our Kindle books and then post them as their own on Smashwords or some other venue?

Just today LUCIFER'S ORPHAN was bought and refunded within the same hour!  

That makes 12 books so far!

What do you guys think is happening?

(To End On A Lighter Note)


7 comments:

  1. I'd be a little suspicious, or else the person is a real user of the buy and return system. People can be real jerks if they don't think anyone knows what they are doing. Hope you can determine what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.G.:
    Yes, I think something underhanded is going on, but I cannot think of anything to do about it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. other hit the wrong button ... yes I saw a lot about this a few years ago after the John Locke books came out - I suggested you check out Elizabeth Spann Craig's archives, or Joanna Penn .. and check out Amazon, and google it .. it most definitely happens ...

    Good luck with working it all out .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO. Keep us posted.? This is a horrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you contact Amazon (I'm assuming this is happening on Amazon) and let them know about the activity so that they can check into it??? One thing Amazon doesn't want is people to be afraid to sell books on their site because it makes them prey for theft or copyright infringement (or whatever is happening here). It is in THEIR best interests to stop this sort of thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just sucks. Amazon needs a no return policy like iTunes has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with both Robin and Alex. Take it to the source.

    ReplyDelete